Monday, March 23, 2009

A Beginning....

When Mr. Pudding and I first began to think about marriage, we had some issues that most couples do not experience. You see, we had the misfortune of being in a long distance relationship.

We met at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. Mr. P's family, although based in Vermont, has a history of attending university in Canada. Both of his parents graduated from a Canadian school, so Queen's was a natural choice for him.

When we first met, I though that the fact that he was from Vermont was the coolest thing ever....I had images of snowy mountains, hot chocolate, and beautiful scenery. I loved going to visit him. Vermont truly is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been.

It didn't take long for me to change my tune about Vermont, however. After graduating from Queen's in 2007, Mr. P went home to Vermont, and I went home to the Greater Toronto Area. We lived apart for almost two years, traveling back and forth to see each other. We tried to visit every other weekend, but the drive was not very glamorous (almost 8 hours, more than half of it spent on the 401).

So, our journey begins with immigration. We had to make a decision about where we wanted to live. Initially, we decided that Canada was the better option. We figured that being near a city like Toronto would provide a good backdrop for a young, professional couple like us. We changed our minds at the last minute, and I have been happily reunited with Mr. Pudding for two months now. I am also rekindling my romance with Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment