Friday, May 15, 2009

Some things that we have nailed down...

Our wedding is a go! With the booking of a church, a reception venue, and a caterer, we are officially getting married on July 10th, 2010! It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

So, here is what we have so far:

We will be getting married at my childhood church, St. Hedwig's Parish in Oshawa, ON.

It's nothing spectacular, but I have been going to church here since we came to Canada in 1992, and I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.


The inside of the church is also not breathtaking, but at least the ugly red carpet that used to cover the alter (and that I often vacuumed during the summer as a part time job) has been replaced with marble.

Our reception will take place at the Gen. Sikorski Polish Veteran's Association....which is actually much nicer than it sounds:
I would say that 75% of the weddings that I have ever attended have been at this hall, and as a little girl I used to dream about being married here as well. Because I am quite active in the Polish community, I know this hall quite well. Getting married here is kind of like getting married at home - I know where everything is. I know all of the rules, and which ones I can break :P
Unfortunately, the first person to greet me and my new husband upon entrance to our reception will be this guy:


Any ideas on how to cover him up would be greatly appreciated!

Finally, our caterer will be Pilar from Pilar's Catering. We went for a tasting with her (no pics, sorry!) and fell in love with her professionalism and friendly nature. Her prices are extremal reasonable, since being a future bride herself (she is getting married in June!) she is ethically against ripping brides off! Her food aesthetic can be classified as home style-cooking-with-flare, which is exactly what we are looking for. We didn't want anything so fancy that my Polish-food-loving relatives would start a "where are the pierogies" rebellion. Pilar can be found here:

http://www.pilarscatering.ca/

A bonus to booking with Pilar is the fact that her services are all inclusive: she provides china, utensils, water and wine glasses, napkins and table cloths (and not just white tablecloths - beautiful, extravagant tablecloths that will greatly enhance the decor of the hall). I am thrilled that we have managed to book her!

So there it is....a taste of our July 10th, 2010 nuptials!

No comments:

Post a Comment