Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rodzinka

I love my family. I really do. My parents sacrificed so much to give me a better life here in Canada. My mom especially left behind a great desk job, friends, and family, to come to Canada where she works way too hard on the line for Chrysler. One of the many reasons that my parents separated is the fact that we came to Canada. I am not deluding myself into thinking that they would have been happy and in love had they stayed in Poland, but I think that they would have kept it together. The pressure of the huge materialism/consumerism really destroyed their marriage. Although, perhaps this is for the better - it forced them to confront the fact that they are completely wrong for each other, and move on. In Poland, they probably would have stayed together, but stewed in their own hatred for one another.Anyway, this is not what this entry is about. This is about the fact that I have discovered why people couple up and start families. Many people have been wondering for generations: What would possess a person to commit to one human being for the rest of their lives? The answer is simple: to get away from their crazy families, and establish a breed of crazy all of their own. Right now, I feel like I have been kidnapped by my own family, and am being held hostage against my will. You know how people say that they like children, as long as they get to leave them with their parents at the end of the day and go home? That's how I feel about my family right now.They probably feel the same way about me . :P

No comments:

Post a Comment