Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where have I been? A Wedding Marathon!

My blog has been silent lately, and that makes me sad. I do have a very good excuse for failing to update: In the past three weeks, I have attended three weddings! That's right! Three weddings in a row on back to back weekends! Not impressed? Than what if I told you that I traveled just over 10 000 miles to attend these events? Have I sparked your curiosity?

The wedding marathon began in Toronto, Canada, where Matthew and I boarded a plane that took us into Krakow, Poland. From there, we traveled to Northern Poland for my cousin Beata's wedding, followed by a two hour train ride to the shores of the Baltic sea for my other cousin's Karol's wedding. From there, we traveled to Poland's capital, Warsaw, and boarded a plane to Chicago, where Matthew's cousin Katie was tying the knot. From Chicago, we jumped in a car and drove for about 14 hours to get to Essex, Vermont, where we are currently resting and recuperating.

I plan on doing short recaps of all of the weddings. At each one, I found myself very obviously taking notes on the things that I liked and didn't like. Matthew got sick and tired of hearing my: "what a beautiful bouquet!" or "what do you mean there is no seating plan?". Polish weddings are very, very different, but I did run into many traditions that I would like to incorporate into our own ceremony.

We also had the chance to sightsee a little bit, and I hope to post pictures of some beautiful and very, very old places.

So? Do you think that I can consider myself excused?

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's crazy. I think you are excused. I went to my cousin's wedding almost 2 weeks ago, my wedding is this weekend, and my other cousin's wedding is the week after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you enjoyed every minute of it!! But I can't wait for more detials :D

    ReplyDelete