Monday, October 19, 2009

Getting Distracted

Trying to find an affordable yet extremely elegant dress for my BMs online is proving to be quite a challenge. I have explored all of the usual suspects: Macy's, Nordstrom, Nieman Marcus, Lords and Ladies, Ann Taylor, and countless other websites. While my search for BM dresses has not been fruitful, I have found a few really cute dresses that I am considering for myself! I mean, apart from the wedding dress, I'm going to need a rehearsal dress, and a shower dress, and a bachelorette party dress, and who knows how many others!

I am super excited about wearing as many white/cream/ivory dresses as I can for the pre-wedding events, since these are the only events when wearing white is not frowned upon, but encouraged!

So in a world where I could buy as many dresses as I wanted without worrying about our ballooning budget, here is what I would wear:

(All of the dresses below are from www.shop.nordstrom.com)

This dress would be an adorable party dress for after the ceremony. I just love the feathers! However, the price tag is a little steep, and my football player shoulders do not approve of anything strapless. Also, I think that I love my gown too much to change out of it!

I am not 100% sure about this dress. In the picture, it looks a little too dressy to be anything but a real wedding dress. I can't help but wonder though if it could be dressed down with some metallic flats, bed-head waves, and chunky jewellery (a la Nicole Richie maxi dress). Perhaps for a shower or the rehearsal dinner?


I love the modesty of this dress, and think that it would be perfect for a daytime shower. The silhouette is a tried and true one for my body type.

I've saved the best for last. I LOVE the one shoulder pouf thing on this dress. I could definitely see myself wearing this to my bachelorette party or shower. It is a little on the fancy side, but luckily, my family and friends love to dress up, so I think that this dress wouldn't phase them.

I am seriously debating purchasing the last one, just to try it on and see what it looks like. One shoulder dresses are a good option for me, and I would totally rock that pouf. I'm not sure about how the silk material would sit on my hips (love handles), but since the dress is 40% off, I feel like maybe I should risk it. The problem? They don't have the dress in my size. I would have to buy it bigger and than alter it. It looks like this might be quite easy, but I'm not sure....what do you think? Would any of the above dresses work for me? Which dress(es) would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment