Thursday, October 22, 2009

Videography.......Sigh.....

It seems like a pretty common thing. When wedding planning starts, it seems like the first thing that many modern brides do is book an excellent photographer that is out of their budget. After all, the photos are the only part of the wedding day that will survive for years to come. The bride-to-be calmly rationalizes the added expense to her fiance, mother, and anyone who will listen: "We will just scrimp on the videography.....or better yet, have a friend tape the wedding".

Of course, I was no different. And, like most naive brides, I forgot about my plan to save money on videography and started day dreaming about our day being captured by the likes of Still Motion (they are fellow Canadians, after all). I just couldn't bring myself to trust an uncle or a college roommate with something that I'll likely use to relive the day when the Post Wedding Trauma hits. However, considering that Still Motion's commissions range from about 1/4th - 3/4ths of our budget, I knew that there was no amount of rationalizing that could get Matthew to agree to hire them.

Thus I began my search for a great videographer that would fit into our measly budget. I searched and searched, but all I found were either decent but over priced professionals, or people whose editing "tastes" did not match my own. I even tried to find someone who would video tape the wedding without editing it for a discount (no editing is better than bad editing, in my opinion). However, when I was quoted over $700 for raw footage of 6 hours of our wedding, I decided that I didn't want to pay someone over $100 an hour to stand there with a camera. If we was going to have a videographer, it was going to be someone who cared about capturing our memories in a beautiful way. Maybe I would pay a couple of hundred dollars more, but the person would spend countless hours editing our video to ensure that it was a good representation of us.

After a long search, I stumbled across Digistudio. I had my sister meet with them, and she absolutely loved them. A couple of weeks later my mama met them, and she adored them as well (which, if you know my mama, does not happen often).

I am so happy to have found videographers that fit within our budget! I know that Byron, Joseph and their team will do a fabulous job capturing our happy day!

Since I am still a little new to the whole blogging thing, I don't know how to post a video off of their website here. Instead, you can see a wedding highlight on their blog, just in case you're interested.

Did you find a videographer that didn't cost you an arm and a leg, but was definitely worth every penny?

No comments:

Post a Comment