Friday, October 23, 2009

My First Date with Craig

The gals on weddingbee.com have been raving lately about Craigslist. Before last night, I was a Craigslist virgin. I had never even been to the site! Come to think of it, although I've certainly explored sites such as Ebay, I've never actually bought anything from these online sources! I guess I'm just a little bit weirded out by used stuff....the snob in me says, "well, if it's not good enough for you, it's certainly not good enough for me!" (my how far I've come from my Polish-Communist-food stamp childhood).

Anyway, after all of the wonderful and cheap things that the bees (on Weddingbee, keep up!) have found on Craigslist, I decided to just take a look and see what was available in my area. And, can you believe it, I found something that I loved. I found something that I loved, for peanuts.

Now, usually, when I find something I love, I hmmmm and huhhhh, and ask my sister what she thinks (she usually loves it), and ask my mama what she thinks (she usually hates it), and by the time I actually decide that I must have it, it's no longer available. This is exactly what happened to the beautiful and cheap candlesticks.

But this time, I did something very out of character. I immediately emailed the seller, who wrote me back with a phone number. This morning, as if possessed by the spirit of my take charge little sis, I called her. And at 2:30pm, I was the proud owner of my very own free standing antique aluminum mailbox!!!!!

.......You bought a what?........a mailbox.........

......Wanna see???


How amazing will this be as a card box? I think that I might have Matthew paint it. I'm thinking white, with a navy blue "Letters" flap and yellow "Letters". Here's a little close up:



Anyone know how to paint aluminum???

No comments:

Post a Comment