Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hair Guilt

Since getting engaged, I have felt horribly guilty every time I entered a salon and watched even a centimeter fall off of my long locks. I think that most brides-to-be feel the pressure to grow out their hair before the wedding. The difference is that most girls do not spend almost two years planning their big day. I got my last hair cut before going to Poland in early August. I plan on getting one or two trims before getting a final hair cut before the wedding, but for the most part, it's grow, grow, grow!

Unfortunately, that also means fairly limp hair, and lots and lots of ponytails. I've been pinning up my bangs with hair pins and head bands, and mostly wearing my hair in messy up dos. I was sure that I would give in and get a cut soon....how long can a girl go without letting down her hair?!?

Today, Matthew suggested that we go out on the town. He believes that date night is important for us, since I am cooped up inside the house all day. Also, it gives us a chance to distance ourselves from the house and have some alone time. Since Matthew has been seeing a make up less, sweat pants wearing me for the last month or so, I decided to get a little dolled up for him. I put on make up and my favorite sweater (as well as my booty-hugging jeans). I started working on my hair, but instead of going to my default ponytail, I decided to actually blow dry and style.


Turns out that the only thing wrong with my hair is the fact that I am too lazy to style it. It took about 5 minutes to blow dry my (thin) hair, and another 10 to wrap it in velcro rollers. I think that it looks fabulous, and definitely encourages me keep it growing!

2 comments:

  1. VA VA VA VOOM!!! I hope Matthew appreciates how hot his wife to be is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh....this is the after shot. You saw me with the curlers earlier in the day and said: "wow, you look scary!" :P

    ReplyDelete